Monday, April 30, 2007

Dear Alec Baldwin:

I'm tired of you.

I'm tired of hearing about your phone call to your daughter (although the media is to blame for that)

Although I'm know parental alientation does exist, I'm tired of your "I'm sorry I said it but my ex wife the Bitch drove me to it" story. Although your ex doesn't get off the hook, I'm tired of people blaming others for their problems.

When I saw you on The View, acting like the dad of the year because your daughter forgot her ballet shoes, I rolled my eyes. I did the same when you talked about how you caressed your daughter's hair and then you told the story about how one time your ex woke your daughter by saying "Get the hell up! We have to get going!"

Guess what?

Remembering to bring your daughter's ballet shoes doesn't mean you are Father of the Year.

Caressing your daughter's hair to wake her up is well, I'm sorry, icky.

Also, there have been times when all moms run in their daughter's rooms and yell at them to get up. Myself included.

Then again, I shouldn't talk: When I stayed with my dad around the times my mom had to go out of town to work, I would have to wake him up. "Daddy, I have to get to school by 8:15!" Otherwise I get points taken away!" He would be on the couch, saying "What? Huh?" He is not a morning person, needless to say.

But let me tell you something about my father: God knows he and my mother had their stuff, but they were there for me when it mattered. And when they were there for me, they were a united front.

That is what saddens me about this whole mess. When your daughter graduates from high school, college, or when she gets her heart broken or a bad work experience happens, she will need her parents both to be there and get her though it.

By badmouthing your ex on TV, and revealing certain things about her, I don't know if that united front will ever happen.

So Alec, it's up to you. You are forty something years old. Don't blame anyone else for what you did. Try and do what is right for your daughter.

No comments: